With the end of this season, we are closer to the next work of FIFA series – FIFA 20 announcement, EA has just released a new FIFA 19 Pitch Notes Update, introducing what their development team is working on for FIFA and prioritized in FIFA 20 on PS4, Xbox One and PC. Here Fifa coins seller brings you the update details covering FIFA 20 gameplay mechanics, major changes, new features and the upcoming events of EA.
What FIFA 20 new features can we expect? In order to create a better gameplay experience for players, EA has deeply investigated the direct feedback from the community, surveys, social channels, and other solutions, prioritize community feedback and deploy patches to address some highly concerned and usually mentioned issues of FIFA 19. Here are the contents of community requested features and mechanics improvements that are working on as well as the expected effects in FIFA 20, Timed Finishing, Skill Moves, AI Defending and more significant mechanics are included.
Gameplay Priorities Updates/Patches: FIFA 20 Gameplay Mechanics Improvements
- Renewed Defending System. With revised positioning and adjustment to the cadence and flow on the pitch.
- Emphasized Manual defending, for more effective and rewarding results.
- New Planned Tackling System, favors manual tackling by making sure that the defender that tries the tackle does so in a favorable context to your team (like recovering the ball or kicking the ball to a nearby teammate when tackling, for example).
- Reduced Contain and Secondary Contain Effectiveness, keeping the positioning of players/AI Teammates at a further distance and having a slower reaction to directional changes from the dribbler, rarely resulting in an auto-tackle or an auto-block.
- Improved Jockey System, will be implemented with more agility and precision, rewarding players that decide to take control of their defenders.
1v1 Shooting Consistency
- Improved 1v1 Shooting Accuracy, for more shots on target and better consistency in easy situations inside the box.
- Improved Open Goal Situations, you are able to see players being rewarded for 1v1 situations and creating greater chances of scoring “easy goals” – as pointed out in many community examples.
- Improved Goalkeeper Reactions, specifically against 1v1 situations, for less ‘superhuman’ reactions, which will humanize the goalkeepers’ movements and result in better scoring opportunities for the attacker.
- Improved Outside of the Foot Shot situations, should only happen for players with the Outside of the Foot trait.
- Improved Shot Elevation/Power, for low powered shots to result in shots similar to Driven Shots, creating more consistency, and resulting in better scoring opportunities.
- Improved Green Timing Window, for timed shots will be reduced (from 2-4 frames to 2 frames for all shots), which will make it harder and require more skill to perform.
- Improved Timed Shot Accuracy, for slightly less precise shots, although Green Timed Shots will still be more accurate than ‘non-timed shots’.
- Improved Difficult 180° shots, for less powerful shots, even when timed perfectly.
Volley Crossing and shooting
- Increased Difficulty and Error, for crosses coming from lob balls/volleys will have less accuracy and more variable results.
- 2-Player Headers, more variety as players jumping/colliding for the ball mid-air will make it more difficult for the attacker to score in such situations.
- Decreased Volley Shot Accuracy – Shots originating from a volley shot will have less accuracy and more variable results.
- Increased Error on Difficult Position Passing. 180 degrees, first-time, and pressured passes situations will now result in slower/weaker balls, making them less effective and easier to get intercepted by the opposing team.
- Increased Accuracy for passes in very easy situations; non-pressured, body-positioned, and no obstacle passes will result in an increased accuracy pass for these types of situations.
- User Controlled ‘Dinked’ Passes, new option for ground and through passes. ‘Dinked’ passes are slightly elevated passes used to avoid a defender’s leg. These types of passes will no longer be contextual and will only happen if executed manually through this new mechanic.
- Driven Pass-and-Go mechanic, will be enabled as another passing option, resulting in a stronger pass-and-go and more mobility/positioning while attacking. As a result of this change, the “manual passing” mechanic that was available through this button-combo (L1/LB+R1/RB+Pass) will no longer be available in the future.
Chained skill moves
To solve the “chaining” of skill moves that would result in an overpowered tactic that can be very hard to defend against. The team has added error to consecutive skill moves, increasing the likelihood of the player losing control of the ball. Error is increased exponentially when chaining more than 2 skill-moves, making each subsequent skill move more error prone than the last.
Aiming at a shorter defender would be marking a taller attacker many times or that a dangerous attacker is not present in the box. The team has been working on improving the intelligence behind these situations, which should result in more realistic marking/positioning when defending or attacking set-pieces in the future.
Manual Goalkeeper movement
The effectiveness of manual GK movement is being heavily reduced in the future, with a slower and more realistic move speed. Players controlling the goalkeeper using right-stick manual movement will now have to commit to a direction, enhancing the risk/reward element.
- Players would be locked to a loose ball and they weren’t able to switch players whenever this would take place. The team is working on improving these situations, as well as adding clarity to the assisted switching mechanism, that will now show an option for automatic switching on Air Balls + Loose Balls situations.
- Switching didn’t always select the correct player. The team is working on improving the accuracy of switching in numerous situations, including air balls, deflections, and crosses, making the right stick switching as consistent and reactive as possible, as well as improving the intelligence between automatic switching of players closest to the ball.
EA FIFA Upcoming Events and Plan/Schedule
- On June 8, 2019, a livestream of EA PLAY will be hosted to show more contents of FIFA 20 and a clear roadmap on when you can expect further discussions on Pitch Notes regarding other changes coming to FIFA.
- More gameplay news including more information on features such as FUT, Career Mode and Pro Clubs.